Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Homework Changed 10/19/11

Tonights homework is to write a star and the setting for a time you will never forget. We are really working on slowing it down in our writing. I have stressed to the students that we it is very important that they take their homework serious and put forth 100 % effort.
Here is an example of a setting: (Remember....this is JUST the setting part.) Build it...don't describe it!

My heart was racing faster and faster as the anticipation built. I was about to enter Schiff Elementary gym. The cool air from outside was seeping through the door by the gym. It was still morning and I had not had my morning caffeine to wake me up. Suddenly, I ambled into a different dimension. Sandy colored bins lined the floor of the gymnasium. The lights reflected from the glossy floor as if the sun was shining in. I was here just yesterday and knew the routine. Today was Skating 101 in P.E. I walked in, grabbed the safety gear, take off my shoes, and nimble to the colored lines. Coach Colianni’s voice echoed through the room. She enumerated, “Zero for sitting or no skating!” Her voice stuck in my head and I followed her command. I knew in only minutes the aroma of sweaty feet would fill the room like a hot air balloon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment