Thursday, September 22, 2011

Explode the Moment!

Trash Day!
I stormed down to the end of my driveway with the cans trailing behind me. The truck was creeping around the corner, sure to stop at each house. It was only yards away. I felt relieved that I remembered early this morning that it was Tuesday, trash day. The bucket with my neighbors’ trash clanged together as the load dumped into the truck. Men were hanging on to the back by only a large bar. This gave them quick access to grab the cans.  At each stop they pounced off with an immense amount of energy. They’re like the energizer bunny that keeps going….and going… This simple occasion happens twice a week. While it seems routine and normal to me….I ask myself what if? My mind drifts off to a world without garbage men. A world where my car would be forced to stay parked in the driveway for the trash would take over. I imagine the streets with empty soda cans, old food from yesterday’s dinner, dirty diapers, old furniture, and more cluttering the boulevards.  The putrid smell would be unruly interfering with life’s everyday events. It would be a life of chaos. I snap back to reality as the last can of my trash is lifted into the truck.  While my family and friends are an important part of my life, it is the everyday people that make the world go round. I am thankful for garbage men for keep my planet clean.  When I stop and reflect, I quickly realize the importance of their career. 
-Mrs. Clark-

0 comments:

Post a Comment