Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Here is another EXCELLENT paper!!

Game of Pain

            The large, dusty room seemed ancient. My older cousin and I were walking through cobwebs, dust, and tools. We were in the basement. My younger cousin was counting. “Ten… nine…” I felt excitement pulse within me. I would win this round. My cousin hissed, “Where should we hide?” I gave him a shrug. “I don’t know.” We suddenly passed a small storage space. It was filled with boxes and dust. Cobwebs filled nearly every corner and hole, but we still decided to hide here. I chose to hide behind a large wrapped and boxed item. My cousin chose the side opposite. “Five… four… three…” My cousin was finishing. I leapt behind my item and crouched, closing my eyes. My older cousin was sliding behind his box. I blinked a bit and saw something glint beside me. It was a web! Just then, my cousin finished. “Two… one. Ready or not, here I come!” It was too late. I would be stuck with a web and possibly a spider for the game.
            My younger cousin’s footsteps rang in my ears and I blinked my eyes open. Pale light hit the gray floor of the basement. I crouched down further. Soon my cousin drew closer; I could see a shadow fall against the ground. My cousin stopped just outside the storage space, and gradually, her footsteps retreated. But that didn’t help the fact that my back was sore… and that I could be next to a spider. How was my older cousin doing? Suddenly, my cousin (younger) called out, “I’m going to the restroom!” I heard my cousin climb the stairs and TV sounds pierced the air. The door closed. Anxiously, I hissed to myself, “This is hopeless!” Soon my cousin had returned.
            My younger cousin was still walking around, way too stubborn to give up. I wished the game would end soon. My older cousin growled, “Give up already!” My younger cousin didn’t reply and stalked toward us again. I felt about to feint any second now. Finally, my younger cousin sighed, “Fine, I give up.” I instantly shoved my boxed item away and scrambled out, looking in disgust at my dust-coated shirt. Then I saw my older cousin clambering out of his spot and relief tingled in my spine. I stretched out my sore legs. Finally, I was out again!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

was my ppt. enough?

Anonymous said...

Youre a profesional!!! .
>.<

Post a Comment