Wednesday, October 19, 2011

4 Paper

Here is an example of a paper from a student. See the detail!

SCORE                                                                                            
How in the world could I do this and do it right?
The crowd was screaming like there was a taco truck on the field or something but I just ignored them. Suddenly on the side lines my coach screamed “5 in 1!” which meant 1 goal in 5 mins. There was 7 positions forward ,right mid ,left mid ,center mid ,right defense , left defense ,and of course goalie. I was right mid. The grass was stuck to the ground like there was no tomorrow. It was perfectly cut for my cleats to grip the ground, and the line I was standing on was fading so you couldn’t really see it that good. The referee held his hand up. That meant are you ready? They both raised there hands. “Here goes nothing.” I pondered.                                                                                                   

The game started. The crowed cheered like a herd of elephants. The game began; it was a challenge from the start. The other team had the ball and dodged are left mid, she passed to the center but our left defense retrieved the ball. She passed to center mid with rocket speed. I ran up field so she could get a perfect target “I’m open I’m open!” I hollered. Finally it happened she passed the ball to me as my foot hooked the ball the crowd cheered louder. I heard my mom on the sidelines “Come on Kennedy you can do it!” she hollered like a lunatic.                                                                                                                     

Come on I thought come on my only obstacle was dribbling up the field and shooting. Suddenly on the corner of my eye was an attack from my enemy. She was coming straight at me. I saw a slot that I could get out of and I zoomed passed her “I’m not giving up that easy!” I screamed. There it was just me and the goalie 1 on1 this is the most challenging part. I wanted to give up but it was too late now how will I ever score with this giant goalie in my way. I ran throw my mind trying to find a way for me to score it was like a light bulb went on, I did a move that I never, tried before and she fell for it. I put my left foot next to the ball to balance. I turned my right foot out and began to swing it back. Will I kick it into the goal I thought to my self? My arms swung back to get my speed.  I arched my back for some boost. I hit the ball my heart pounded will it go in it went in the back of the goal. “Yah I scored!” I yelled on the top of my lungs.                                  

This was a day of a life time I played soccer and scored. The score later on was 3 to 0 we won. This memory will stay with me forever this game I had a goal to score a goal.    

0 comments:

Post a Comment