Thursday, November 3, 2011

Expository Text

Here is an example of expository text. :) 
 
To Choose or Not to Choose?
Choices are like stairs, each one leading to another level. While we make simple choices everyday, what to wear, what to eat for lunch, the most important choice I have had to make is the paint color of the walls in my house. 
 I asked myself grouchy as a bear or serene as a cat?  Colors change your mood. I wanted to wake each morning with a smile on my face and a twinkle in my eye.   As I stood in the store glaring at the thousands of paint samples my mind raced. Red…too bold…green…what is this a golf course? I pondered to myself. Think of a beautiful sunset coming above the horizon. The colors are calming and rich. This color will determine my ever changing days. I knew it was an important one.
First impression is everything and if you walk into my house my goal is to shock you with my decorating talent. Choosing the color to paint my walls is like picking out your wedding dress. It is the first thing everyone sees and the one thing everyone remembers. When you make the last step towards the front door and turn the medal handle, it hits you like a gust of window. First impression! The purple color will fill your heart with warmth and send an inviting feeling your way. I want you to walk away thinking, WOW!
While picking out your paint color may seem simple, it is so much more wrapped up into one big decision. It can determine you day just by looking around. So remember, when you pick out your room color how will it affect your future?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish i could write expository like that. :(

Post a Comment