Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Batter Up- Expository

Batter Up!
Minute Maid Park is the place for me. Whether to get examples from players or watch a baseball game, I feel at home in the stadium.
Professionals are professionals. At Minute Maid Park, my heart is filled with joy. Here I can learn from the best. At each game, the players take turns at bat. Sitting up in the stands, you can sit back, relax, and take notes. When the first star player enters the batters box, I watch in amazement. They will spread their legs shoulder length apart and even bend there knees. It may be hard to see from way up top, but usually you can look at the big screen to see a closer look. With the bat over his shoulders, I can watch him prepare to swing. The ball will soar and he will throw his shoulders forward and swing with all his might. The first time I saw Craig Biggio at bat, my heart pounded. I took notes like a college student in chemistry class. At my next baseball game, you should have seen me hit the ball. 
Minute Maid Park is without a doubt the place for me. As soon as I a walk through the doors, I feel overwhelmed with joy. It is special to me because there in the park I learned to be the athlete I am today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment