Thursday, January 12, 2012

“Choosing a Healthy Snack”

Sam Andrade – Final Draft
            There are many ways to stay healthy like keeping your self clean, exercising everyday, getting enough sleep, or, for the most part, eating healthy.
            “Huhh… huhh… huhh…”I panted as I tiredly passed through the doorway. I was sweating from head to toe because I biked all the way from school.  I was so hungry that I wanted to steal everything in the refrigerator. Suddenly, I heard a loud noise that sounded like my stomach grumbling. I tossed my backpack and my bike in the garage, and I dashed to the kitchen and searched everywhere for food like Sherlock Holmes looking for fingerprints. Finally, I found three tubes of Pringles sitting in the corner. It was my favorite snack because it was crunchy and salty. I ripped open a tube and started munching some of the chips. My mouth was as dry as a desert and it needed a liquid to wash it down. I opened the fridge and spotted a can of soda. I was just about to jug it all down, but at the corner of my eye, something fascinating interested me, something I also like but not as much as Pringles. It was a challenging dilemma. I glimpsed upon a bowl full of green grapes and two cheese sticks ready to be eaten. I moved closer and I can almost hear them say to me, “Eat me!” in a squeaky voice. I grabbed the bowl and the cheese. I looked intently at the food in my hands like a scientist staring at their experiment, then jerked my head to the Pringles can. I was just about to forget about all of that, but I realized that the grapes and cheese were nutritious and good for my body. I set the bowl down on the counter and slammed the cap on the Pringles can. I had my grapes and cheese, but something just didn’t complete the picture. My drink! I turned to get my Coke but I noticed a humongous   bottle of clear water. I held both of the drinks tightly in my hand. The Coke felt as heavy as a ton of boulders. This was not a good sign. I pushed the Coke in its correct position on the refrigerator shelf. I know that the water was healthier for my body. Finally, I twisted off the cap of the water bottle. The goodness of the water regenerated my energy. I happily munched on a cheese stick which tasted good and creamy in my mouth. The grapes were juicy and fresh. A jubilant smile crossed my face. I knew I was enjoying a healthy afternoon snack.
            I’m glad that I made the right choice to help my body grow and stay strong. It was a difficult choice but it was worth it!

1 comments:

Sam said...

Thx for putting this paper on the blog Mrs.Clark!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment