Monday, September 24, 2012

More Moments Exploded

Let the Games Begin
Then came the games. The room mom announced to the kids in their seats, “Form 2 lines. It is girls against the boys.” The kids were a herd of elephants running to the floor. The adults all stood back for fear of death. “I wanna be first, no me,” rang out through the crowd. The room mom calmed the children and reviewed the directions. Each child was passed a chocolate shaped cone covered in foil. The first student was handed a pair of minutes. They had to open the candy with their mittens and pass them back. The timer started and the children were off.

Two Wheels
The training wheels were off and it was time to ride my two wheel bike. The kick stand held my bike just enough so the handle bars were off the ground. With dad trailing behind me, I approached my bike. I grasped my right hand around the rubber handle bar. My right leg was planted strongly on the cement for balance. I lifted my left leg and bent my knee into my chest. I reached for the left peg and planted my booty on the seat. “ Dad, I’m ready!” I hollered back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment