Monday, November 12, 2012

Expository Examples

JOBS! JOBS! JOBS!
Jobs are what make us money. It is how we pay for our homes, put food on the table, or buy those fun video games we all love. When I think about jobs that are important I think about authors, teachers, garbage men, but when I think about what I want to be when I grow up I think about a librarian.
          Reading is the key to a successful future. I want to be a librarian to have unlimited books at my finger tips or to learn more about authors. But the reason I want to be a librarian the most is to share my love of reading with others. When children come into the library I want to help them find that perfect novel that they will remember for the rest of their lives. I want to show small children how words create pictures in your mind and show them they can love reading too. With adults, it isn’t too late. I can help them find that one non-fiction book to teach them about World War 2.  I love to read and know that as a librarian I can help others to love it too. Mrs. Moore was my childhood librarian. She first introduced me to the Hank the Cowdog Series. It is because of her that I can’t put a book down. Reading is my favorite thing to do and I think that if I become a librarian I can teach others to enjoy it also.
          Jobs are everywhere you turn. At the grocery store you have a manager, a sacker, or the banker.  Even at school you have principal, teacher, or maybe the nurse. When I grow up I want to be a librarian.

0 comments:

Post a Comment